British Triathlon and the Royal Life Saving Society UK (RLSS UK) recognise the growth of open water swimming and the need to develop its existing infrastructure to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for new and existing swimmers.
SH2OUT is an exciting new programme that is set to help develop open water swimming, contribute to the sport’s growth, provide appropriate resources and support the development of standards that ensure safe and compelling experiences for participants.
The SH2OUT website is now live at www.sh2out.org and the SH2OUT Venue Accreditation scheme is open and accepting venues looking to become accredited. Please get in touch with Agnes Duhig at [email protected] for more information or to apply to the scheme.
If you have any questions about SH2OUT, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] or sign up to receive the SH2OUT monthly newsletter.
The joint venture aims to help promote safety and enjoyment in open water swimming with five key strategic objectives –
- Safe Venues – delivering a publicly recognised quality standard for open water swimming venues
- Quality Event – ensuring open water swimming events are delivered to approved standards
- Vibrant Community – providing a compelling offer to all open water swimming participants
- Inspiring Participation – developing a clear and supportive participation pathway, enabling more people to take part in open water swimming
- Industry Guidance – proving market leading education, support and advice to the triathlon and lifesaving communities